Finance/Business Admin Internship
|Nom de l'entreprise||Quirky|
|Date de l'annonce||Jan 03, 2012|
Description du stage
This is not your typical internship. This is an internship for a rising star, with the drive to pickup new skills and jump right in to self-manage projects that will be great for your resume and for our business.
Ready to dive into an exciting startup and help build board reports from the ground up? Ready to put your mad Excel skills to the test? Ready to sharpen your finance skills and demonstrate your talents? Do you thrive in an exciting and fast-paced environment? Do socially developed consumer products get you excited? Are you ready to launch your career, grow quickly and learn a lot? Then, read on. . .
We're quirky. Seriously. The name of our company is quirky. Quirky implements a unique approach to product development: with the help of tens of thousands of community members all around the world we design and launch new consumer products/inventions each week. Crazy, right? What aren't we quirky about? Numbers, shipping product all around the world, paying the bills, making bad-ass excel workbooks. . . That's right our finance /operations team needs to kick butt. Ready to join us?
• You're pretty good at Excel. You impress people with your formula skillz. (P.S. you will be tested)
• You're organized. Some people call you a neat freak, and you take that as a compliment.
• You're a rock star of a number cruncher. You can't stand for numbers to be off, and you take personal pride in making sure everything you work is completely accurate.
• Ideally, you're studying Finance, Accounting, or Business and you're acing every class. Or, you're studying something easy, like Mathematics or Physics, maybe Economics.
• You make good decisions and work independently. You take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
• Ideal candidates also possess and have demonstrated their skills in: Critical thinking / analysis, strong organizational skills, drive for results; self motivated, success driven, ability to work independently, capacity to organize your own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines in a rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment.
• With guidance from our financial analyst, you'll build and improve financial reports; cash flow planning, inventory turnover analysis, margin reports and dozens of others.
• You'll help with various reconciliations and reports in Excel.
• With guidance from our administration and finance team you will help keep our records immaculate.
• You'll be an important part of the reformation of how the office is organized.
• You'll be the "Go-To" person around here for assistance in all aspects of making this start-up run smooth. This means you'll learn about manufacturing, finance, marketing, and product development.
• You'll have an opportunity to define projects of your own, if you can come up with something that will improve our operations.
TO APPLY :
• STEP 1: learn about us http://www.quirky.com If you fall in love, move to step 2.
• STEP 2: Let's have a real convo. My name is Susan, not "Dear Sir." You've got a beautiful standard cover letter you use to apply other job postings. Cool, but that will not land you this job. Instead, write a very brief personal note explaining why you think you're the perfect fit for this position and what you would like to walk away with from this internship.
• In your note to me, please use the subject line "Finance Intern - Your first name (Where you saw the AD)" on your email. In your note to me, please let us know why you're interested in working here and what hours/days/dates you're available.
Les stages suivant peuvent aussi vous intéresser
- Fashion PR Internship Opportunity posté 4 days ago.
- ACCOUNTING/FINANCE DEPT INTERNSHIP posté 4 days ago.
- Digital Marketing Internship posté 4 days ago.
- Spring 2012 Exciting, Entertainment Company Internship posté 4 days ago.
- Marketing Intern (DUMBO) posté 4 days ago.